Everything from minor to not so minor misdemeanors and felony cases with emphasis on Violent Crimes, Sex Crimes, Drug Offenses, Drunk Driving/DUI cases, Resisting/Evading Arrest, Theft Crimes, White Collar Crime to Marijuana Dispensary cases and Civil Litigation.
Unlike most criminal defense attorneys, The Law Office of John Karas is a real Trial Attorney (not just a negotiator) with extensive experience in all types of criminal cases with consistent outstanding results for his clients.
JUST A FEW EXAMPLES INCLUDE:
- Client with a .25 BAC (blood alcohol over three times the legal limit). DUI charges dismissed. Client pled to an infraction (minor traffic ticket with no probation and paid a $250 fine).
- Client charged with 2 separate DUI's (high BAC and bad driving) + 2 Felony counts of Child EChild Endangerment. Persuaded DA to allow client to enter Drug Diversion which Client successfully completed resulting in all charges being dismissed. (Other criminal defense lawyers said it couldn't be done--Mr. Karas proved them wrong.)
- Client was charged with a DUI (blood test over the .08 legal limit plus cocaine metabolites) along with driving over 100 mph and reckless driving enhancement (faced automatic 60 days jail time) but got a dismissal of the enhancement so the client was sentenced to regular 1st time DUI and no jail time.
- Multiple client(s) with .10 to .18 BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) DUI charges reduced to a “wet reckless” or minor traffic infraction(s) in over a dozen cases.
- Client charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery (had 2 accomplices) and assault & battery. Got charges reduced to attempted Petty Theft (no jail time, no probation).
- Client charged with ADW (Assault with a Deadly Weapon). Got charge reduced to simple assault or brandishing as a misdemeanor.
- Multiple clients charged with Burglary/Grand Theft/Receiving Stolen Property as felonies. Charges reduced to misdemeanors.
- Multiple client(s) charged with drug offenses (possession, sales, trafficking) either dismissed or charges suspended while undergoing drug diversion which, upon successful completion of the diversion program, resulted in the charges being dismissed.
- Multiple client(s) charged with sexual crime charges either dismissed or reduced to an infraction (no probation).
- Client(s) charged with “resisting, delaying or obstructing” a police officer in the performance of his duties. Charges either dismissed or won case at trial.
- Two (2) clients charged with driving over 100 mph (reckless driving as a misdemeanor). Got the DA to “re-write” the ticket to less than 20 mph over the speed limit (infraction) making the client eligible for traffic school.